More Elk Recipes:
Elk Smokie & Apple Pasta
- ½ - 450g pkg penne
- 142g baby spinach,(about 8 cups)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 elk smokies, cubed
- ½ cup 10% cream
- 1 unpeeled red apple, chopped
- ¼ finely grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, following package instructions, but omitting salt, until al dente, 6-8 minutes. Drain. Return pasta to pot. Stir in spinach. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, then onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft, about 3 min. Stir in sausage & cream. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, until flavour develops, about 2 min. Stir into pasta along with apple & cheese. Serve immediately.